SERVE WITH US
2021 has not been an easy year but Christmas is still a time of celebration. We hold the key to true joy and the ultimate gift. Let’s take the opportunity to extend hospitality and point family and friends to the hope we have in Christ. This December, let’s invite our friends to share HOPE • LOST & FOUND with us.
1. Invite your pre-believing family members and friends for a meal in your home or a private space. You can do this on your own or with one or two others from your LCG.
2. Share the HOPE • LOST & FOUND video as part of the gathering.
3. Have a short, meaningful conversation about God’s hope after the video. Share your own 1-min testimony.
4. Click on the links below to (i) watch the full video and (ii) download a how-to guide, the full video, and a programme booklet (pdf) that you can share with your guests.
5. If you have questions and/or want to join the HOPE whatsapp chat group, please text Erny at 98200639. The chat group will open until the end of December — we want to pray for each other as we share the gospel with our loved ones. We want to ask God to move powerfully in the hearts of our family members and friends.
We desire for every WEFCer to be missional – being Christ’s ambassadors where He has placed us. These are some of the ways we at WEFC are reaching out and serving God where He has planted us. Would you consider being part of His work?
God has planted us in Woodlands to be salt and light beyond the walls of our church, to make a difference in our community for the expansion of His kingdom. Together with Woodlands Social Centre (WSC), we want to meet felt needs of others tangibly as a way of sharing the love of Christ.
TEACHERS / BEFRIENDERS
老师 / 陪谈员
Conduct English classes for non-English speaking learners (most are Mandarin-speaking) and befriend them to build bridges with them. Proficiency in English and ability to converse in Mandarin are pre-requisites. We have 2 terms each year: Mar – May, Jul – Sep. Each term runs for 10 Saturdays.
We typically run Alpha twice a year. Each season lasts 12 weeks, usually on a Saturday.
Encouraging discovery by facilitating and leading group discussions which revolve around the Alpha topics. Training is provided.
Extend hospitality and friendship to guests and support facilitators in the discussions. Training is provided.
LOGISTICS / FOOD
后勤 / 食品
Ensure the smooth running of the Alpha Course by providing on-the-ground support before and after each session.
OFFICERS / HELPERS
军官 / 帮手
Train our Boys from the 44th Singapore Company (Fuchun Secondary School) in their BB activities (e.g. lead drills, teach life skills). We especially welcome ex-BB Boys.
Reach out and build faith in our Boys through teaching them from God’s Word on a weekly basis during CCA term.
Reaching the nations in our land by building friendships and journeying with migrant workers. We currently have adopted 2 dorms and befriend about 120 brothers mainly from Bangladesh and India. We pray more WEFCers will have a burden for our guestworker friends so more personal relationships can be forged.
Visit the dorms monthly and/or spend one-on-one time with a few brothers separately. Singles, couples, families, young and old are welcome!
Our Woodlands Social Centre (WSC) extends our reach to the wider Woodlands area, with various programs and activities that address the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual needs of the community.
TEACHERS / BEFRIENDERS
老师 / 陪谈员
Conduct free tuition classes for academically weak primary and secondary school students from low-income families, and befriend them to mentor and encourage them.
Volunteers will be paired with families to host them for special celebration events such as the annual Bursary Awards Celebration Dinner.
Volunteer families will be paired with families to befriend and encourage them.
ORGANISER / BEFRIENDER
Help to run school holiday programmes for the children and youths under WSC care!